14 January 2013

Glass Candy, Or Continuing Adventures of Greg and Courtney: SSION

This photostache is from ssion.com.
It is sooo on! Greg and I are going to see SSION this week. I guess I was spending my Internet time looking up Cakes Da Killa and such like; somehow, this reminded me to look up SSION. And! It turned out there's a show in Chicago on Jan. 18.

I quickly texted/emailed Greggers like, "Let's go to this." I want to say House of Ladosha is co-headlining/opening, but that may be a bit too much to ask of the gay gods.

This is a big deal for me! I haven't seen SSION in almost ten years. Can you believe that??! In 2004, they were opening for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I was like, 'Scuse me? In the review I did for the now-defunct venuszine.com, I minced no words expressing how underwhelmed I was; though, I did say my hope for them was that they would become an awesome art/performance band. Not that I'm  like, OMG, that was so prescient of me! But it's good to be right. And it's good that SSION is good.

Mr. Critchloe, call me, please. I would love to interview you.

P.S. If you haven't heard any SSION, now's your chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.