30 July 2012

The Band That Made Madison Famous



I remember watching this video during the 1998-1999 school year when I was living in New York and depressed. I just loved this song. It's kind of bitchin' and melancholy at the same time.

Another Garbage memory that sticks in my head is staying near the old Community Mercantile location in Lawrence with some alternaboy named Tim and his roommate in 1996. I was sitting on the porch thinking I wanted to see the "Stupid Girl" video.

I have yet to meet a woman who is not like, "Shirley Manson!! Call me and we'll go buy eyeliner or something, girl!" Ok. I guess that's one cool thing about living in Madison; I saw her at the now-defunct Cafe Montmartre. Unfortunately, I looked a steaming hot mess at the time. Manson, of course, looked very cool and UK-y.

So, I am looking forward to seeing and reviewing Garbage August 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.