27 July 2012

Oh, Disco



When Greg and I were hanging out last month, we got to talking about music. Which, actually, is typical of our interactions. Having come of age in the 1990s, I just never got electronic music out of my system. I love some trip-hop and I don't care who knows.

I like the deep, soulful, bass-y stuff. Because, to me, music should facilitate--if not exist exclusively for--dancing. I'm just not generous enough to give the DJ 30 seconds or more to get the song moving--to get me moving. Do not come at me with something cold or metallic. 

So, there we were hanging out, and Greg mentions liking Offer Nissim's work. And I'm like, "What? How do you know who Offer Nissim is? Are we talking about the same person??" I had come across his name earlier this spring when I was bingeing on Ivri Lider tracks. Ok. I guess it's sort of not weird to have heard of an Israeli DJ, but it's more unusual than having heard of a, let's say, Dutch DJ. 

Last week I saw this remix Offer Nissim had done of Ivri Lider's band TYP's song "20 Seconds." 
So, in honor of Greg, I posted it above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.