08 May 2009

Fountains of Wayne


What with all the Pitchfork 2009 updates I've been getting in the past few weeks, The Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne has been much on my mind. It's no surprise I would big up this Oklahoman (it was as an 18-year-old Oklahoma Christian University student that I actually first heard of The Flaming Lips and "She Don't Use Jelly"), having ancestral connections to that rootin', tootin' state myself, now, is it?

But more than that! Wayne Coyne is ever the distinguished gentleman of indie rock. In a story that appeared in The Telegraph last month he credits his wife for helping him bring the hot, hot heat, style-wise. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that he's a fancy-schmancy, high-concept auteur. He has to be the hottest guy named Wayne alive--and there are a hell of a lot of them in Oklahoma.

Photo from nypost.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.