03 June 2008

Can't Hardly Wait

I was going through people to add as myspace friends (I call it "friendstering" people because it's more efficient--though, I'll probably get sued for doing that now) and I thought about Michael Zadoorian, the Detroit writer, because I loved, loved, loved, his book Second Hand. I shed tears of emotion just thinking about that book. First of all, it helped me to formulate my consciousness as a thirtysomething living in the Upper Midwest. Secondly, it's about a guy who runs a second-hand store for a living! Omigod! Tears of joy! Hand to chest--must breathe deeply now. It was just such a great thing to read about because that's somewhat like my life.

Anyhow, Michael Zadoorian isn't on myspace (WTF?!), but I did google him and went to his website. He has a book coming out in Spring 2009 called The Leisure Seeker. I am so totally stoked! I had been wondering what he had been up to. I'm pretty sure he's cute, too. I hope he still lives in Detroit--because that would help me to further formulate and articulate the meaning of choosing to live one's life here in the Upper Midwest (as opposed to living on one of the coasts or in Atlanta or something) and cohering a sense of identity and place. Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty sure he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.