18 December 2007

Jury Is Out


















I went to my first Art v. Craft on December 8. Yes, it's the very first one I ever went to. I was wearing the really cute old man hat I picked up at one of my Super Secret Shopping Spots earlier this month. This time, the wing-ding was at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center right downtown.

I saw people I knew there, including The Little Friends of Printmaking; local fashionette Leslie Vaglica, who is working for tenniswear-maker Eliza Audley and loving it; Jim Herrington, the excruciatingly hip photographer with Nashville cred, motherfuckers; a woman I used to work with at Discovery Hell, er, World; and, of course, the doyenne herself, Faythe.

I guess I was expecting some sort of life-changing baptism in hipness--or, at least craftiness, but A v. C was pretty much like any other event that Milwaukee scenesters are going to be at. Though, maybe the weather kept some of the Madison wanna-bes at home. I guess my disappointment stems from the fact that I didn't see any cool clothes there.

Though, I did pick up a card wallet from Barry's Farm for a special someone.

P.S. The photo is from the Barry's Farm website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.