29 May 2006

That's Mme Editrix To You! Now get me a mocha! And an Hermès scarf!

It's been a while, and, bambini, I've missed you! So, I've been thinking. I love clothes. I've been writing since I was 8 years old. Two great tastes that taste great together, no? I've been thinking of going back to journalism school since March. Et voilà! I shall become a fashion/lifestyle writer or editor...er, editrix. Also, I want to be a stylist; Carine Roitfeld was a stylist before becoming editor-in-chief of Paris Vogue.
My mother is no doubt rubbing her hands together, thinking,
Well--finally!! Yes, it took me a while to stop being childish and play to my strengths. To, well, commit. How fitting it all is. My mother is, after all, the woman who had me watching the Tonys (!) in southeastern Kansas when I was in middle school and swooned over Dreamgirls (!) when I was a tot. To say nothing of her fascination with Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl. All true. I couldn't make it up if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to continue the discourse or share an insight? Please comment.